We are pleased to announce that the latest issue of the International Journal of Asia Pacific Studies (IJAPS), Volume 9, Number 1 is now published and all articles are accessible and available for download.
This latest issue comprises three main sections: A) Thematic Issue on Music in Asia, guest edited by Joshua Paul Dale, comprising five articles; B) Featured Article (one article); C) Book Review; and D) Scholarly Viewpoints.
Details of the current issue publication are following (click the titles to go to respective article page):
A. Thematic Issue on Music in Asia:
- Introduction to Thematic Issue on Music in Asia, by Joshua Paul Dale (Guest Editor).
- Affective Resistance: Objects of Korean Popular Music, by Timothy Gitzen.
- Social and Political Effects of Pop Bali Alternatif on Balinese Society: The Example of “XXX,” by Kaori Fushiki.
- Theorising Hip-Hop and Street Dance in the Philippines, by J. Lorenzo Perillo.
- The Philippine Rondalla: A Gift of Musical Heritage in a Migrant Context, by Kim Rockell.
- Ritual Village Music and Marginalised Musicians of Western Orissa/Odisha, India, by Lidia Guzy.
B. Featured Article:
- Politics of Development and Articulation of Indigenous Identity: The Formation of Munda Identity in Barind, Bangladesh, by Shaila Sharmeen.
C. Book Review:
- Book Review – The Factory of the English East India Company at Bantam, 1602–1682, by Barbara Watson Andaya.
D. Scholarly Viewpoints: