We are pleased to inform our readers that the first issue of 2016 by International Journal of Asia Pacific Studies (IJAPS) is now published and available for public access. The articles are downloadable in two electronic formats: PDF and EPUB (optimised for mobile/tablet reading).
The latest issue consists of five original articles and a book review. The contents for this issue are as follows (you may also view full list here):
- Bureaucratisation and the State Revisited: Critical Reflections on Administrative Reforms in Post-renovation Vietnam, by Simon Benedikter
- Interpolating South Asian Transnational Heritage: Allegory in South Asian Diasporic Metropolitan in Young Adult Fiction, by Manohari Rasagam and Shanthini Pillai
- Politically Equal but Still Underrepresented: Women and Local Democratic Politics in Indonesia, by Wawan Sobari
- Self-perpetuating Technologies of Religious Synthesis: A Case Study of Socio-political Developments and Religious Change in Singapore, by Fabian C. Graham
- Halal Certification System as a Resource for Firm Internationalisation: Comparison of China and Malaysia, by Francois N. Dubé, Zhao Hongxia, Yang Haijuan and Huang Lijun
- Book Review: Museums, History and Culture in Malaysia, by Ahmat Adam
On behalf of the Editor-in-Chief and the publisher, Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM Press), we express our appreciation to contributing authors.