An interesting feature introduced by the International Journal of Asia Pacific Studies since 2012 is Scholarly Viewpoints that showcase opinions, comments, ideas, and viewpoints of well renowned scholars on the Asia Pacific region pertaining to their respective academic discipline. This additional feature will further add value to the journal’s uniqueness as a scholarly journal.
Interviews are conducted by the Editor-in-Chief, or his/her representative, with senior scholars in the fields of specialization within the scope of the journal.
The overall themes of interview questions put forth to scholars are as follows:
- Current trend of discipline; specifically in the context of the Asia Pacific region
- Impact of the discipline on the Asia Pacific region; ‘what’, ‘how’, ‘why’, etc.
- Comments on the state of recent (last 2-3 decades) scholarship of the discipline
- Comments on current scholars of the discipline, viz. indigenous of the Asia Pacific region or from without, interests, characteristics, etc.
- Future of the discipline in relation to the Asia Pacific region, viz. trends, direction, vision
- Offering advice, guidance for up-and-coming scholars focusing on the Asia Pacific region
- Any other opinions, viewpoints to express, share, etc.