[Please note that IJAPS merely publishes this announcement. For inquiries regarding contents of the announcement, please liaise using contact details provided below. If you wish to publish scholarly announcement related to Asia Pacific, please write to ijaps[at]usm.my].
Participatory and Popular Culture 2014 Winter Conference
Date: 15th to 18th February, 2014 (conference day: 17th February).
Venue: Caeser Park Hotel Taipei, Taipei City, Taiwan, R.O.C.
In recent years, the boundary between supplier and consumer is becoming blurred. Many popular culture products are not only being
consumed but also creating a new participatory culture. There are various distinctive examples, such as wearing costume for a party or an event or writing reviews about anime, games, comics and novels on the SNSs, review pages or video-sharing websites. The purpose of this conference is to discuss these situations from interdisciplinary viewpoints.
Topic of conference include, but not limited to:
- Cosplay Culture
- Anime Game Comic and Novel Culture
- Exhibition and Event Culture
- Fashion, Style & Popular Culture
- Music, live and concert Culture
- Gaming Research(ex. gambling and Casinos)
- Trading Card Game Industry Research
- Video-sharing site, Film and TV Culture
- Public Diplomacy and Popular Culture
- Cultural Tourism (ex. Seichi-Junrei)
- Submission of Abstract 1st December.
- Notification of Acceptance 15th December.
- Registration Deadline 31st January.
Proposal submission guidelines
Abstracts of no more than 200 words in English for presentations should be sent to our website alongside a short Bio (max 100
words that include name, current position and academic affiliation or graduate school) .
Submission of Abstract
- Authors NT$4,500 / US$150.
- Observers NT2,000(Observers are attendees who do not present).
- Standard Payment of registration fees is accepted by credit card.
- If you will filed an proposal under joint signature, 1st author must pay author’s participants fee.
- Co-author(s) must pay observer’s participation fee.
Other Important Notice
- English will be the official language of conference, while oral presentations in Chinese and Japanese will be accepted for designated bilingual sessions.
- All abstracts will be peer-reviewed and successful applicants will be notified about acceptance of their papers.
- Jin NAKAMURA(Japan Univ. of Economics).
- Masahiro OKADA (Hiroshima Univ.)