Date: 31th July to 2nd August, 2013
Venue: International Hotel Nagoya, Nagoya City, Japan
In recent years, the boundary between supplier and consumer is becoming blurred. Many popular culture products are not only being consumed but also creating a new participatory culture. There are various distinctive examples, such as wearing costume for a party or an event or writing reviews about anime, games, comics and novels on the SNSs, review pages or video-sharing websites. The purpose of this conference is to discuss these situations from interdisciplinary viewpoints.
Topic of conference include, but not limited to:
- Cosplay Culture
- Anime Game Comic and Novel Culture
- Exhibition and Event Culture
- Fashion, Style & Popular Culture
- Music, live and concert Culture
- Gaming Research(ex. gambling and Casinos)
- Trading Card Game Industry Research
- Video-sharing site, Film and TV Culture
- Public Diplomacy and Popular Culture
- Cultural Tourism (ex. Seichi-Junrei)
Submission of Abstract 31th May
Notification of Acceptance 15 June
Registration Deadline 15 July
Proposal submission guidelines
Abstracts of no more than 200 words in English for presentations should be sent to our website alongside a short Bio(max 100 word.include name, current position and academic affiliation or graduate school) .
Registration fee (By 15 July 2013)
Authors 15,000 JPY
Observers 5,000 JPY (Observers are attendees who will not do presentation)
Registration fees is accepted by credit card.
Other Important Notice
- English will be the official language of conference, while oral presentations in Chinese and Japanese will be accepted for designated bilingual sessions.
- All abstracts will be peer-reviewed and successful applicants will be notified about acceptance of their papers.
- Proposal of panels(3-4 presenters) are welcome
Jin NAKAMURA (Japan Univ. of Economics)
Masahiro OKADA (Hiroshima Univ.)
Under the auspices of: World Cosplay Summit Exective Committe(applied for)